none
Parameter validation failed. It is not possible to provide valid values for all parameters

Question

• I'm trying to test passing in parameter values from the URL.    I have RS 2008 .   I created an ultrasimple report based on a stored procedure output.  There is no validation, No available values, No default values.   I'm trying to run the report like this:

/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fProduction%2fDBA+Reports%2fTest&iTest=1

I get:

Parameter validation failed. It is not possible to provide valid values for all parameters. (rsParameterError)

the one int parameter is iTestId 

The RS log file says the following:

processing!ReportServer_0-54!9138!01/25/2013-09:22:51:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Parameter validation failed. It is not possible to provide valid values for all parameters., ;
      Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Parameter validation failed. It is not possible to provide valid values for all parameters.

What am I missing?

• Edited by f-ram Friday, January 25, 2013 2:48 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 2:40 PM

All replies

• I would interpret the error as trying to set Default values for your Report Parameters.
    Is there a Report paraemter with default values which is query based?

Friday, January 25, 2013 2:47 PM
  • No, there are no default values for my report parameters.  That is what is strange.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 2:49 PM
  • In your URL you are using iTest=1 but your parameter name is iTestId?

Also check the other answered question related to this in this forum. Click This Link

Please mark as answered or vote helpful if this post help resolved your issue. Thanks!

k r o o t z

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Sorry, the parameter name should be iTest.   I double checked the parameter name and I was testing it correctly, thanks.

I also checked the answered questions you referred to and found that they were all refering to cases where you have default values and available values.  I have neither.   This is a really really simple report.   I can't get any params of the URL to work... is there some global setting in SSRS that allows you to use URL params?

Friday, January 25, 2013 4:11 PM
  • Hi F-ram,

From your description, you want to pass multiple parameters via URL, right? To pass multiple parameters through URL, we can use an ampersand (&) to separate them. For example, I have a report with two parameters p1 and p2. The report is deployed in a folder on the Report Server. When I navigate to the report on the Report Server, I can see the report URL is http://localhost/ReportServer_SQL2008NEW/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fFolder%2fReport&rs:Command=Render.

If I need to pass parameters through URL, I can just add &p1=value1&p2=value2 at the end of the URL and the entire URL would be http://localhost/ReportServer_SQL2008NEW/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fFolder%2fReport&rs:Command=Render&p1=value1&p2=value2

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:43 AM
  • Hi Charlie,

That is exactly what I am trying and it doesn't work.   Has anybody actually tried this?

My URL:

http://vs168/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fProduction%2fDBA+Reports%2fTest&rs:Command=Render&iTest=1

My Parameter:

My Result:

Parameter validation failed. It is not possible to provide valid values for all parameters. (rsParameterError) 

• Edited by f-ram Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:28 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:26 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your screenshot, with the Display text being greyed out, this parameter is an "Internal" parameter. Please select Visible. You get the error because internal parameters are not configurable at run-time.

Please mark as answered or vote helpful if this post help resolved your issue. Thanks!

k r o o t z

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:08 PM
  • I checked visible (it was already checked).   I redeployed the report... then checked the Prompt User box on the parameter so it looks like this:

Now I don't get the error, but the report doesn't use the URL parameter either... I am left with an empty parameter prompt.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:20 PM