none
Connecting through a linked server from SQL Server 2012 to Intersystems Cashe

Question

• We are trying to create a linked server in SQL Server 2012 to connect though ODBC to Intersystems cashe.  We have installed intersystems odbc driver on Sql server and it is able to connect to the cashe database. The problem is trying to create a linked server.  In the new linked server window I have used the following information.

Product name: InterSystems ODBC

Data source: FACS-DEF

Provider string: Dsn=FACS-DEF;Driver={InterSystems ODBC}

I have set up the security as "Be made using this security context" and have put in the correct username and password for the romote login.

However, I am getting the following message.

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    ------------------------------

The linked server has been created but failed a connection test. Do you want to keep the linked server?

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "TESTLINKED".
    OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "TESTLINKED" returned message "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

The datasource name I have used is the Datasource name configured in the driver.

Any help on this problem would be great!

Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:12 PM

Answers