none
Excel 2013 - PowerPivot is unable to load the Data Model

Question

• I intermittently have some issues with PowerPivot in Excel 2013 Preview.  Most recently, I am getting the error "PowerPivot is unable to load the Data Model" and I have not found a way to work around it.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• A Quick Repair of "Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Preview - en-us" seems to have resolved that error message.  However, my setting of turning the PowerPivot add-in on is not sticking; i.e., I have to turn it on every time I start Excel (and want to use it).  Any suggestions?
    Friday, March 01, 2013 6:11 PM
  • A Quick Repair of "Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Preview - en-us" seems to have resolved that error message.  However, my setting of turning the PowerPivot add-in on is not sticking; i.e., I have to turn it on every time I start Excel (and want to use it).  Any suggestions?

Hi JSA1987,

It seems you encountered a new issue. Generally, the PowerPivot for Excel add-in should load automatically. From your description, it seems the PowerPivot add-in load failed. I recommend you refer to the following blog to troubleshoot this issue, espesially "Find your problem" section:
    My Office Addin does not Load: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/haahmadi/archive/2010/05/26/my-vsto-add-in-does-not-load.aspx

Furthermore, you can aslo ask the same question in Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus forum for better support.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JSA1987 Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:43 PM
    Monday, March 04, 2013 8:48 AM
  • Thank you for your help.  I checked into that and it appears the registry entry does not exist for this add-in.  Any further suggestions would be appreciated.  I will try asking over on that other forum.

Edit:  cross-posted to http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/excel/thread/3fd616af-0c46-4f48-8808-b03aff8717c6 , which I will consider the new primary on this issue.  Thank you.

• Edited by JSA1987 Monday, March 04, 2013 3:38 PM cross-posted
    Monday, March 04, 2013 3:11 PM
  • My issue appears to be resolved after a full (and time-consuming!) repair. 
    Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:44 PM