none
Errors in the OLAP storage engine:

Question

•  

File system error: An I/O error was encountered during a sequential read or write operation:  There is not enough space on the disk. .

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while processing the indexes for the Event Attribute Fact partition of the Event measure group of the Event Attribute cube from the Analytic database.

Microsoft Analysis Server 10.0.4000.0 Edition Standard64

Memory 36 GB

64 bit OS

Anyone encountered this issue before and possible solution?

Monday, June 27, 2011 10:47 PM

All replies

• Please check the disk space on your server. Your cube data is probably stored on the C drive.

Monday, June 27, 2011 11:03 PM
  • That's the first thing I look at. =)

Free Space: 365 GB

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:38 PM
  • Are you sure you are looking at the right disk and on the SSAS server?
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:55 PM
  • On D:\MSAS10.MSSQLSERVER directory right?
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:51 PM
  • You'll have to look for .dim and .cub files. Do you see them under the D drive? If not try to find them under C drive. How much free space do you have on your C drive?
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:05 PM
  • Yes, it is in D Drive. D drive have free space of 164 GB while C have free space of 41 GB. I don't think it is a space issues.
    Saturday, July 02, 2011 5:36 PM
  • I change the memory preallocation to 40 (<PreAllocate>40</PreAllocate>) in the msmdsrv.ini file. Still same error. =(
    Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Realise this is an old thread, but I've just hit this and thought I'd share what I found here for other people like myself searching the web for possible causes of this error message. Whilst the error message which Analysis Services raises makes the disk space issue look as though it's occuring with a data file of the cube (and therefore on the data drive), it can also be caused by a shortage of space on the temp folder of the server. For a full process in parallel [my understanding is that] A.S. processes the entire database on the temp drive and then when it is fully processed, copies the db files from the temp drive over the existing database files on the data drives. This means that the temp drive must be at least as large as the end size of the database in order to support this. So with my issue, increasing the amount of disk allocated to the temp drive of AS stopped this error message from from re-occuring. Alternatively if I'd chosen a sequential full process (as opposed to a parallel) AS would have processed each dimension and measure group individually (as opposed to all at once), and so the maximum amout of space used on the temp drive at a any point in time would have been equal to the largest dimension/meausre group in the cube. This approach would of course have taken much longer to process however. Iain
    Monday, January 09, 2012 10:52 AM
  • Other areas to check are the log file. If you view the SSAS property settings, check you are not running out on either datadir, logdir or tempDir. You can use perfmon to check %free space on the disks as you process using the logical disk counters. Be aware that logdir space can quickly be used and then the process fails as space is run out and then rolled back occurs which removes the files. You might not be aware that the log space was ever used up. Best to run perfmon for this with a small (< 5 secs)duration sample interval to see if any of these three directories get full.

• Edited by Tom Stagg Friday, June 15, 2012 1:33 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Soumya Samprathi Saturday, February 02, 2013 12:23 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 1:16 PM