none
insufficient result space to convert uniqueidentifier value to char

Question

• I keep getting this error on SQL Compact Server 3.5 whenever I try to do a RDA.Push() on this particular table. The error I get is "insufficient result space to convert uniqueidentifier value to char". The error code is 8170.

Google search says that setting the column size to bigger value would fix the issue, but this is a simple push of the data.

the table structure is as follows:
    TABLE tblAQC (
    AQCAnswerSetID UniqueIdentifier NOT NULL,
    AQCQuestionID INTEGER NOT NULL,
    AQCCategoryID INTEGER NOT NULL,
    AQCAnsText VARCHAR(30) NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY(AQCQuestionID, AQCCategoryID, AQCAnswerSetID)
    );

The funny part is that I am trying to push another table to the main database and that's working absolutely fine even though it has got two data columns of type "uniqueidentifier". Even earlier also, all other tables have been working fine.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:46 AM

Answers

• As it turns out, google was correct. I had a trigger that was trying to log the row everytime it came in - that had this line:

insert into tblLogs (LoMsg)
        select convert(varchar(10), AQCAnswerSetID ) + '; ' + convert(varchar(10), AQCQuestionID ) + '; ' +
                    convert(varchar(10), AQCCategoryID ) + '== ' + AQCAnsText from inserted

I tried to insert manually into the table and reached this place when that didn't work. I changed varchar(10) to varchar(36) and it worked like a charm!

Thanks.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:38 AM