none
SSRS 2005 Matrix Page Total

Question

• Hi - I'm a newbie to SSRS and am just trying things to get use to it.

So I've created a matrix report that has multiple pages ... easy enough.  I'd like to show a total across all pages [if there are three pages, I want to show a fourth page that is the sum of pages 1 to 3]. Seems like an obvious thing to do but don't see any documentation on it.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Could you try to create a second matrix/table/textbox to display the total at last? Don’t forget to set page break (page break at last) for the first matrix.

Hope this helps.

Raymond

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 7:42 AM
  • page break (page break at End)

Thanks,

SatBI http://Satishsharing.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 12:04 PM
  • I mean I already have a matrix report in the "layout".  How would I put a second matrix report?

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:30 PM
  • In BIDS or Report Builder 2.0, you should be able to just drop another matrix on the design surface below your first matrix. 

However, if you're using RS 2008, you can achieve this without using another matrix.  You should be able to add another row to the bottom of the matrix outside of any group (Right click and pick Add Total).  As SatBI suggested, you can then set a page break so this row is forced onto its own page.

Hope this helps,
    John

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 5:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Could you not another group that handled the totals (pop in a couple of text boxes and put hte sum there) and have a page break before it.

Think that would do it...
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 8:45 PM
  • What's the tool you are using? Report Builder or Report designer 2008/2005?
    -Raymond
    Friday, November 06, 2009 7:23 AM