none
SQLException 0x80131904 Invalid Object Name

Question

• I'm getting the error below and run out of things to check.  I'm migrating from DEV -> STAGE and recreated the database using SSMS.  I verified the permissions are the same between DEV and STAGE and I can access (select and insert) into various tables but when I try to access one I get the error below.  I've verified the table exists and has the same permissions.  I've verified it's getting written to from a previous process.  I'm not sure where else to look, any ideas?

Server Error in '/SiteShutdown' Application.

Invalid object name 'WSSO.dbo.CHANGEDETAILS'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'WSSO.dbo.CHANGEDETAILS'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'WSSO.dbo.CHANGEDETAILS'.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2054990
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5042332
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +86
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +311
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
       System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +144
       System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +166
       System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable) +115
       SiteShutdown.DataSet1TableAdapters.ChangeInfoTableAdapter.GetData(String CN) in C:\Documents and Settings\slippi\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\SiteShutdown\SiteShutdown\DataSet1.Designer.cs:7425
       SiteShutdown.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\slippi\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\SiteShutdown\SiteShutdown\Run.aspx.cs:50
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.225

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:08 AM

All replies

• I should also note searching this site and google yielded no answers.
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:10 AM
  • Hello,

I hope you will excuse me for my late reply.

Please, could tell us what is wsso ? ( a database )

dbo is well-known ( default owner of the object changedetails )

changedetails : what is it ? ( a table,a stored procedure, a trigger, a function ?)

Please, could you provide the Transact-SQL statement using wsso.dbo.changedetails ? or the code around the SqlCommand and the SqlDataReader ?

We are waiting for your feedback to try to help you more efficiently

Have a nice day

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

Monday, February 27, 2012 6:41 PM