none
Data flow task Hang's

Question

• Hi,

I have Two dataflow task first one is used for lookup's of 4 tables and if there is mismatch need to insert in the same lookup table..

2nd dataflow task again doing lookup incase if any mssed this time its gonna be 100% match and finally loaded to fact..

the problem is first one is fine going checking some records been missing and data is inserted and 2nd data flow is stuck it is in yellow doing nothing the Process says start some time but still after some time nothing happen even there is no error message......

and also when i disable first data flow and execute second one its running fine.....

your help is appricated

vinni

• Edited by Vinuthna Thursday, April 04, 2013 12:43 AM changes
    Thursday, April 04, 2013 12:14 AM

Answers

• In dataflow if you are using OLEDB destination, then select fast load option and set rows per batch and minimum insert commit size and then check the result. Also use NOLOCk option when you are reading the tables for lookup, this doesnt end up with locking the tables.
    Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is table lock check box enabled in the Destination component of the first DFT? If yes, uncheck and try.

Rajkumar

Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:54 AM
  • Hi Raj,

I go threw it and it is not checked..

Thursday, April 04, 2013 7:26 AM
  • In dataflow if you are using OLEDB destination, then select fast load option and set rows per batch and minimum insert commit size and then check the result. Also use NOLOCk option when you are reading the tables for lookup, this doesnt end up with locking the tables.
    Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:41 AM
  • I am thinking if the table is large enough, look up takes enormous time to cache the records in memory buffers.

Thanks, hsbal

Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:37 PM