none
Looking for Run64BitRuntime in SQL Server 2012 Solution Property Pages

Question

• My environment is:

• Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) workstation
    • SQL Server 2012 client tools
    • Visual Studio 2010 with SQL Server SSIS components
    • Data source is Sybase Advantage data folder (32-bit )
    • Data destination is SQL Server 2008 R2 server (64-bit)

I built the intial package using the 32-bit import export wizard. I have made some edits in "BIDS" and tried a test run, but I received the typical 32 execution error message. I would have gone to the solution property page and changed the runtime property, but the 2012 property page is not the same as when I had the 2008 client tools installed. I must be missing something silly, but I just can't sort it out.

Thanks very much, and have a very happy New Year!

Cheers! 

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Jay_in_the_UK,

Please open the properties for your SSIS project and setting the Run64BitRuntime property on the Configuration Properties | Debugging tab to False, you can refer to: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/databases/microsoft-sql-server/9780735669895/iidot-development/id896313

Thanks,
    Eileen

Eileen Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:23 AM
  • Thank you, Eileen!

Yes, I see the screen in the eBook, but that's my problem. I am not seeing that version of the screen. Under Configuration properties (left pane), there is only Deployment. Debugging isn't an option, and therefore runtime property is available. I am begining to wonder if my installation failed in some way; I didn't have to do anything special when I installed VS 2010 over SQL 2008 client tools. But now I have removed the 2008 SQL tools and installed 2012, I am left short.

Jay

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 2:02 PM