none
invoke or begininvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created

Question

• Hello , Our application use the SQL 2008 R2 express edition 32/64 bit .

Now we have a new upgrade for our Application but we need to update the Existing SQL 2008 R2 express to a SQL 2008 R2 advanced services

to install the add-in Full Text Search.

When we do a upgrade during the setup , maintenance / upgrade , First we get a completed messagebox , after 1 min we get

the following error : invoke or begininvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.

On the internet / microsoft there are patches for this known issue but not for the R2 version only for the SQL 2008 Express .

What can I do to update my SQL 2008 R2 express edition to a edvanced edition.

Anybody ?

Thanks , Yours Sincerely

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:07 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Skiwie,

Are there any progress?

For this issue, I would like to suggest you try to re-launch your installation media later and see the upgrade could be performed, usually it is work for me when I encounter this issue.

In addition, if you have any concern about this issue, I would like to suggest you submit a feedback to the Microsoft Connect at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft Connect.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 04, 2011 3:21 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Skiwie,

Are there any progress?

For this issue, I would like to suggest you try to re-launch your installation media later and see the upgrade could be performed, usually it is work for me when I encounter this issue.

In addition, if you have any concern about this issue, I would like to suggest you submit a feedback to the Microsoft Connect at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft Connect.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 04, 2011 3:21 AM
  • Create a folder in the c:\ drive called "temp", ie: c:\temp
    • Proposed as answer by Eric Jochens Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:52 PM
    Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:51 PM