none
MS-SQL BPA

Question

• If any of you use the MS-SQL best practices analyzer tool, is there anywhere I can download a list of the checks it performs?

Also, do you run the tool per server (with SQL installed), per instance, or per database?

Friday, April 19, 2013 2:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Please run BPA from a remote machine against all SQL Server instances.

If you would like to avoid impact on users when you run this tool against production instances, my suggestion is to run this tool during maintenance window.

To my knowledge, the full list of best practices used by this tool is not available.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:41 PM
  • Best place to look to have a comprehensive list of the checks done is the help tool which comes with BPA. There is all the information you might be interested in.

Thanks & Regards RAJUKIRAN L Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.

Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:43 AM
  • See this:

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2712/using-the-microsoft-sql-server-2012-best-practice-analyzer/ Regards,

André CR / Helped? If the answer is yes mark! If the answer is no, wait a little bit because i'll back! Visit my blog! sqlmagu.blogspot.com.br

Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:32 AM