none
Queue Reader Agent error "Unclosed quotation mark ..."

Question

• I have 5 replication publications all set up as transactional publications with updatable subscriptions.  Each publication has one subscriber, all to the same server.  Everything has been working fine for months.  Then we started getting this error continously on the Queue Reader Agent:

Replication-Replication Transaction Queue Reader Subsystem: agent [<ServerName>].7 failed. The Queue Reader Agent has encountered the error ''Unclosed quotation mark after the character string ''3213''.'' when connecting to ''<DatabaseName>'' on ''<Server Name>''. Ensure that the publication and subscription are defined properly and that

None of the updates from the subscriber are being posted to the published database.  All of the transactions from the publisher are making it to the subscriber.

The error started one night.  This was not after any server update or SQL server update.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:53 AM

Answers

• Thanks.  I finally found the problem which was not really a replication issue.  Some triggers had been added to some tables that were replicatated.  Those triggers inserted or updated data in another database.  The trigger had  a bug in it that caused the single quote problem. 

• Marked as answer by lehrsj24 Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:01 PM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:01 PM

All replies

• XML Column containing single quote causes replication error.

Look at the distribution database, you may get the XML column that has a single quote (') embedded in it, and the command that was generated for inserting the row into the subscriber table has bad syntax because of the single quote (i.e., it is not escaped). 

-Please mark it as answered if you are satisfied with the resolution.

Thanks, Deepesh

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:53 AM
  • Thanks.  I finally found the problem which was not really a replication issue.  Some triggers had been added to some tables that were replicatated.  Those triggers inserted or updated data in another database.  The trigger had  a bug in it that caused the single quote problem. 

• Marked as answer by lehrsj24 Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:01 PM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:01 PM