none
Non Empty Behavior of a calculated member does not work in Cube Perspective

Question

• Folks,

When using a calculated member with the Non-Empty Behavior property set in SSAS and using a perspective around it, it does not seem to work as designed.

The perspective apparently is not able to recognize the Non-Empty Behavior property that is been set for the calculated member. And as a result it tries to operate on a larger set and errors out.

Error:
    -----

Executing the query ...

The expression contains a function that cannot operate on a set with more than 4,294,967,296 tuples.

Execution complete

Ideally it should have considered the Non-Empty behavior property for the perspective and operated on a smaller set described by the Non-Empty property.

Is this a known issue or has someone else faced this problem?

Rgds
    Hari

Monday, July 14, 2008 4:21 PM

All replies

• Folks,

Any suggestions on this please...

Rgds

Hari

Monday, July 14, 2008 8:26 PM
  •  Hari K wrote:

Ideally it should have considered the Non-Empty behavior property for the perspective and operated on a smaller set described by the Non-Empty property.

Perspectives do not change the subspace of the calculations. Calcuations are performed in the context of the entire cube. Perspectives really only present a simplified subset of the meta data to a client tool - they do not do much else than this.

Monday, July 14, 2008 9:28 PM
  • Perspectives do not seem to work for me either.  I have 4 perspectives on one of our cubes and although the interface could not be easier the end result is that the perspectives do not work.  I am seeing very odd behavior when display folders are used in my measures.  I have one perspective that is showing display folders that have not been selected and I have another perspective that is not showing measures that have been selected.

Overall perspectives is buggy right now on SP2 w/hotfixes as far as I can tell which is a shame because if this isn't working right I can't even imagine what else is broken

Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:10 PM