none
ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Question

• HI all,

Now i'm migrating  reports from 2005 to 2008R2. After migration they are running fine on my machine. When i deployed them on report manager i'm getting an error like

• ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Source is tera data..i have instlled teradata drivers on my machine..i'm suspecting that no drviers installed on target machine to where i'm trying to deploy but i'm not sure..How to chack if that is the reason. Please let me know what else i can do to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jyo

• Edited by Jyo1105 Monday, October 24, 2011 6:09 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 6:08 PM

Answers

• This is a common problem, remember that your SSRS Server have to have the same drivers that you have installed in your machine, for example, if you are creating reports for Oracle, you have the Oracle Driver and the server must have the same driver to access the Oracle Server, is the same thing for Teradata, SQL Server, MySQL and other engines.

Regards

John Bocachica

www.sqlgeek.net

JB
    Monday, October 24, 2011 8:09 PM

All replies

• This is a common problem, remember that your SSRS Server have to have the same drivers that you have installed in your machine, for example, if you are creating reports for Oracle, you have the Oracle Driver and the server must have the same driver to access the Oracle Server, is the same thing for Teradata, SQL Server, MySQL and other engines.

Regards

John Bocachica

www.sqlgeek.net

JB
    Monday, October 24, 2011 8:09 PM
  • Thanks John
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:54 PM