none
field is missing from the returned result set from the data source

    Question

  • The Error I get

    [rsMissingFieldInDataSet]
    The dataset ‘DataSet1’ contains a definition for the Field ‘ON_HOLD’. This
    field is missing from the returned result set from the data source.

    Why am I not seeing values in the report? The SQL returns values and if it is null I am returning a 0.

    Thursday, September 06, 2012 7:47 PM

Answers

  • Hi There

    Thanks for your posting. Can you please try to run the query in SSRS query designer and see if you can see the field inside the result set? If you can see the ON_HOLD in your query Please do the following

    Please drop that column ON_HOLD from the report.

    Now please in your query I can see that you have put double quotes in the column name please change your column name like ‘ON_Hold’ or ‘ONHOLD’ and run the query again and dry to drag the column again and see if this fix your problem

    If you have any question please let me know.

    Many Thanks

    Syed Qazafi Anjum

    Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

    • Marked as answer by eonlexx Friday, September 07, 2012 12:20 PM
    Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:11 PM

All replies

  • Hi There

    Thanks for your posting. Can you please try to run the query in SSRS query designer and see if you can see the field inside the result set? If you can see the ON_HOLD in your query Please do the following

    Please drop that column ON_HOLD from the report.

    Now please in your query I can see that you have put double quotes in the column name please change your column name like ‘ON_Hold’ or ‘ONHOLD’ and run the query again and dry to drag the column again and see if this fix your problem

    If you have any question please let me know.

    Many Thanks

    Syed Qazafi Anjum

    Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

    • Marked as answer by eonlexx Friday, September 07, 2012 12:20 PM
    Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:11 PM
  • Thank you for that suggestion. That lead me to the real issue. Which was a OCI-22053 error. The simplest fix was to convert the number using the to_char or format() SQL funtions.

    The reason I was getting this error was found on this thread :

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/adodotnetdataproviders/thread/4032e2fe-9f37-47d8-9af6-35f1675e9d84/

    Thanks again for you help. I do not know why I did not run the SQL in the SSRS query designer. I just ran it in TOAD and copies it over. If I had I would have seen the real issue.

    Friday, September 07, 2012 12:19 PM