none
SSIS Web Service Task - Unable to connect to the remote server

Question

• Hi,

I am working on SSIS Package which includes the "Web Service Task". The Web Service Task uses the Web Service hosted on following URL -

http://branddev/services/myservice.asmx

The Web Service is hosted on some other server.

Now, When I am executing this Web Service Task, I am getting the Error as follows :

[Web Service Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebserviceTaskException: The Web Service threw an error during method execution. The error is: Unable to connect to the remote server.

Trace :

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebMethodInvokerProxy.InvokeMethod(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTaskUtil.Invoke(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection, VariableDispenser taskVariableDispenser)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTask.executeThread()".

Please Suggest what should be done? The Web Service takes 3 input as string, datetime & datetime. I am also passing the same inputs through the Web Service Task.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:09 PM

All replies

• The error message seems to be related to the access issue are you using proper login to the web service you are trying to access....

If you are running from agent account Is it having access to that?

Please mark it as helpful if it helps.

Thanks

Sumit

Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:15 PM
  • I am able to access the Hosted Web Service and Moreover the HTTP Connection Manager also having my credentials incorporated. By the way, Everything works fine on localhost (with Credentials Provided).

What can be issue ? Please suggest ...

Thanks.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:20 PM