none
MDS version issue

Question

• Minutes ago, the portal works for me. However, now it reports the error like below when I login the portal.

Any clue..?

What here the "Client" mean? Excel mds add-in or ...?

Client Version: 11.0.2100.60
    Database Version: 11.0.2.1
    The client version is incompatible with the database version. Ask your administrator to upgrade the client components, the database components, or both. Run the Master Data Services Configuration Manager on the server for more information.  
    © 2012 Microsoft. All rights reserved.

Derek

• Edited by Derek Dai Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:22 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• repaired the DB in configuration. Now it is back.

Derek

• Marked as answer by Derek Dai Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:30 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:30 PM
  • Still no idea why it bothers and how it goes wrong. Hope this doesnot happen in my customer side.

Anyone knows why?

Derek

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:32 PM
  • Normally this happened after you restore database from a backup, or any other operation could make database offline, or upgrade your SQL Server. Troubleshooting steps would be:

1. Run MDS Configuration Manager at server side
    2. Select your MDS database
    3. If there are red warning message, go following the instruction in message
    4. After above steps, close your web browser at client side and reopen it

Yang Wang (Microsoft SQL Server Master Data Services)

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:37 AM
  • Please refer to technet page for this as we go into production: How to restore...

This (social.msdn) is nice for use as consultants but feels unacceptable to deliver to customer (eg roll-out documenetation). We deliver a full customer hub for an enterprise and these kind of things does not give the users trust in the technology.

Shall I open a connect-item for this?

Gorm Braarvig, http://gorm-braarvig.blogspot.com/

Monday, October 01, 2012 8:23 AM
  • As I recall, this happens when you upgrade SQL Server db Engine. Last time, I came across this because I upgraded my SQL Server from 11.0.(less than 2100) to 11.0.2100.60. In my case not caused by DB backup and restore.

Thanks

Derek

Monday, October 01, 2012 2:13 PM
  • When you restore MDS database from backup, there are certain things won't be resumed, for example, CLR is not enabled, service brokers are not enabled. After you restore a backup database, you will see red text in Configuration Manager on database page to warn you that your database need to be repaired, by clicking the Repair button, all above issue will be fixed. However, when you upgrade a restored MDS database, the repair operation is implied during upgrade process.

Yang Wang (Microsoft SQL Server Master Data Services)

Monday, October 01, 2012 5:51 PM