none
error while reading raw file created in previous task using raw file destination

Question

• I am reading a flat file and creating an raw file using raw file destination.  path of the raw file is in a variable.  now I am reading the raw file using the rawfile source component. I am able to execute if the .raw file is available.  But when we deploy into the production the .raw will be created runtime, so the package is getting failed while evualting the variable which hold the path of the variable.  since the .raw is not available i am not able to proceed further. it's in ssis 2008 r2

Error at Load Data [Raw File Source [401]]: File "c:\test123.raw" cannot be opened for reading. Error may occur when there are no privileges or the file is not found. Exact cause is reported in previous error message.

Error at Load Data [SSIS.Pipeline]: component "Raw File Source" (401) failed validation and returned error code 0x80004005.

Error at Load Data [SSIS.Pipeline]: One or more component failed validation.

Error at Load Data : There were errors during task validation.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:13 PM

Answers

• Set delay validation = true on the dataflow component

Chuck Pedretti | Magenic – North Region | magenic.com

• Proposed as answer by latha521 Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Prabakar TR Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:09 PM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:54 PM

All replies

• Set delay validation = true on the dataflow component

Chuck Pedretti | Magenic – North Region | magenic.com

• Proposed as answer by latha521 Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Prabakar TR Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:09 PM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:54 PM
  • I am also using a raw file destination using a variable.

I have set DelayValidation = true on both the DataFlow task and even the Sequence Container.

I get the same error when I run the entire ssis package, however when I run the individual container or individual task it runs without an error.

Also, something interesting is the error is not the same path as the variable name.

Warning: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: File "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\GUIDNumber\\RawFileName" cannot be opened for reading. Error may occur when there are no privileges or the file is not found. Exact cause is reported in previous error message.

The variable is "C:\Temp\ProjectName\RawFileName"

I have other RawFile sources in this same project, but only this one file is giving me grief.

Any other suggestions?  Is this a bug?

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:06 PM
  • I am also using a raw file destination using a variable.

I have set DelayValidation = true on both the DataFlow task and even the Sequence Container.

I get the same error when I run the entire ssis package, however when I run the individual container or individual task it runs without an error.

Also, something interesting is the error is not the same path as the variable name.

Warning: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: File "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\GUIDNumber\\RawFileName" cannot be opened for reading. Error may occur when there are no privileges or the file is not found. Exact cause is reported in previous error message.

The variable is "C:\Temp\ProjectName\RawFileName"

I have other RawFile sources in this same project, but only this one file is giving me grief.

Any other suggestions?  Is this a bug?

Have you set an expression for connection string property of raw file? Is it based on variable/expression or configuration? If yes, check the value of variable/ expression or configuraton item at runtime by putting a breakpoint in the pre execute event of task and make sure path value its getting is correct. It may be that path is getting a different value at runtime due to expression/configuration set for it.

Please Mark This As Answer if it helps to solve the issue Visakh ---------------------------- http://visakhm.blogspot.com/ https://www.facebook.com/VmBlogs

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:16 PM
  • I found the problem....it was a "DUH" moment.

I had the raw file destination set to "File Name" instead of "File Name from variable"...ugh.  Still, interesting that it would only produce the error when the project was run but would not when the task/container was run.

Thank you Visakh16 for your time :)

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:22 PM