none
Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver 1.0 for Linux installation

Question

• After the DriverManager is installed and I do a install.sh verify I get the '*' next to the line:

"unixODBC Driver Manager configuration correct"

The README states:

"the character encoding used by the unixODBC Driver Manager cannot be verified through its included utilities.
    If you are not sure of the encoding that the unixODBC 2.3.0 Driver Manager was built with, check with your system administrator."

How do I verify the encoding myself?? I'm the sys admin and I installed the Driver Manager in the previous step with build_dm.sh (no options).

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:28 PM

Answers

• @stargate42

What is version of SQL Server are you using? Have you tried a latest Unix ODBC driver like unixODBC 2.3.0 over unixODBC driver 1.0?

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:25 AM

All replies

• @stargate42

What is version of SQL Server are you using? Have you tried a latest Unix ODBC driver like unixODBC 2.3.0 over unixODBC driver 1.0?

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:25 AM
  • Driver Manager is version 2.3.0, here is the verify option I'm talking about:

./install.sh verify

Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver V1.0 for Linux Installation Script
    Copyright Microsoft Corp.

Starting install for Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver V1.0 for Linux

Checking for 64 bit Linux compatible OS ..................................... OK
    Checking required libs are installed ........................................ OK
    unixODBC utilities (odbc_config and odbcinst) installed ..................... OK
    unixODBC Driver Manager version 2.3.0 installed ............................. OK
    unixODBC Driver Manager configuration correct .............................. OK*
    Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver V1.0 for Linux already installed .... NOT FOUND

Installed this version:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28160

I'm troubleshooting that OK* on the 2nd to last line. I've listed what the README file says about it above. Was hoping the developers could provide more insight as the README says to use the forums that they monitor.

Thanks!

Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:44 PM