none
Importing Visual Fox Pro Database Sql Server 2012

Question

• I have a job that uses the visual fox pro oledb data provider to connect into a visual fox pro database and import data into sql server. It runs fine in sql 2008. I have a new server with SQL Server 2012. I installed the VFP provider on it as well. I went back in through the import wizard (how I set up the job on the original server) and tried to create it. I see the VFP provider in the drop down under data source. However when I go to click properties it just freezes in the import wizard and I have to kill it through task manager. Any idea why this would be happening?

- Michael

• Changed type ArthurZMVP, Moderator Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:20 AM revised to reflect the thread intent
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• I suspect the SQL Server Native Client 11 you use in the Data Export Import Wizard is not willing to support this VFP.

I think you may need to use a lower version of SQL Native Client to extract the data into an intermediate media (think file).

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:30 AM
  • How would I got about doing that? Does that mean I'd have to uninstall the version of sql server I'm currently running?

- Michael

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:56 PM
  • You can have both SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2008 running side by side

Arthur My Blog

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:54 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:40 AM