none
SSIS Script component c# and nuget

Question

• I wrote a fairly simple C# script component to load data into Microsoft CRM 2011.  I want to use some nuget packages to bundle the dll, but it seems that script component creates the project dynamically and there doesnt seems to be way to either:

1) get nuget to copy the dll (I think cause the .csproj file does no have import for nuget)

2) or to tell SSIS to look at a specific folder for dll location

My work around in development has been to register the assemblies into the GAC.  I cant do that in production environment.

Has anyone come up with a workaround?

Haroon

Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:00 PM

Answers

• If you created custom component, which is compiled to stand-alone dll, then this dll has to be added to GAC.

In my case we are using Visual Studio Setup project to compile component and then create MSI installer, which adds script to GAC. You need to work within your organization to create patch for such installs.

If you will not be able to do it, you may have to use build-in script component and put all C# code in your package.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:06 PM
  • Custom Components or DLL's have to be in the GAC, otherwise they don't work in SSIS. Only workaround is to copy and paste code in the Script Component....

Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question | My SSIS Blog: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com | Twitter

• Marked as answer by Haroon Said Monday, May 20, 2013 3:57 PM
    Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:59 PM

All replies

• If you created custom component, which is compiled to stand-alone dll, then this dll has to be added to GAC.

In my case we are using Visual Studio Setup project to compile component and then create MSI installer, which adds script to GAC. You need to work within your organization to create patch for such installs.

If you will not be able to do it, you may have to use build-in script component and put all C# code in your package.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:06 PM
  • Custom Components or DLL's have to be in the GAC, otherwise they don't work in SSIS. Only workaround is to copy and paste code in the Script Component....

Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question | My SSIS Blog: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com | Twitter

• Marked as answer by Haroon Said Monday, May 20, 2013 3:57 PM
    Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:59 PM