none
Interactive Sorting in SSRS

Question

• Hi, i have matrix report that have two row groups and one dynamic column group.

i have one column which have count value i need to add interactive soring on this column. sorting is not with in groups. The count value should be sorted not regards of groups.

I added interactive sorting in the column. If i click its not sorting in there.

Please help to add sorting

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Neel,

Any row grouping is being used in the design still ?

Interactive sorting is applied on which columns, hope it is normal columns rather on column grouping ones like shown below.

and try the sorting by using the fields one by one...

if none of them works for you.. please share some screenshot of your design and also output you want, will try solving the issue, thank you

Cheers,

Arun Gangumalla

Please mark as helpful or answered if it resolves your issue to help others in finding solutions easily.

• Marked as answer by neel24 Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:40 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

there is a same thread here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/6f014928-7e12-4de1-908d-45de3860849b

It might help.

Cheers.

Please Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful if a post solves your problem. MCP, MCTS, MCITP

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:35 AM
  • Hi Neel,

i have tried interactive sorting option in a sample report in test environment,

as per your requirement with row and column groups sorting on details rows will not get effected as it'll not be able to  access the scope on header level that's why sort is not functioning. if the case is without row group then sorting will work perfect you can check the option and find the difference in output.

may be you can try this option, it'll sort the group and the values under it... atleast

please feel free to revert back if any issues, thank you...

Cheers,

Arun Gangumalla

Please mark as answered if it resolves your issue or helpful.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:05 PM
  • Hi Neel,

If I understand correctly, you add a new column which displays count values in the matrix data region and the count values is aggregated by the column groups and row group. Then you want to add interactive sort to details row by enable interactive sorting on the new column header.

Interactive sort is currently not supported directly inside a matrix with dynamic row groups and column groups. Since the interactive sort just sorts column groups relative to each other based on the overall aggregate of an entire column group instance, the supported scenario for interactive sort with matrix is a sort indicator in the matrix corner which sorts based on overall column aggregates when a dynamic row group is present.

Just as Arun posted above, you can try to choose the groups instead of the detail rows.

The following thread is about a similar issue, please take as reference.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/d7abb3e3-0927-4318-b9f8-b259fc513824

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 23, 2012 8:49 AM
  • Thanks for responding.

I tried what arun was suggested. But i changed group on column value expression in group properities like,

=Fields!Title.Value & Fields!Chapter.Value & Fields!Section.Value.

and i gave the group name in interactive sorting.

The values are kind of sorting. but i didnt get correct sorting. I couldnt find out how the sorting is done.

Monday, November 26, 2012 10:41 PM
  • Hi Neel,

Any row grouping is being used in the design still ?

Interactive sorting is applied on which columns, hope it is normal columns rather on column grouping ones like shown below.

and try the sorting by using the fields one by one...

if none of them works for you.. please share some screenshot of your design and also output you want, will try solving the issue, thank you

Cheers,

Arun Gangumalla

Please mark as helpful or answered if it resolves your issue to help others in finding solutions easily.

• Marked as answer by neel24 Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:40 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:55 AM
  • Hi Arun,

it working thanks for the reply

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:40 PM