none
SSDT for VS2012 installation fails with "Same architecture installation" error

Answers

• hi Ted

you need to choose "new instance" instead of the installed instance otherwise the installation fails with "architecture mismatch".

Personally I think the package is incorrectly authored as it should be able to install SSDT BI only without this glitches.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Marked as answer by Ted Monday, March 11, 2013 6:22 AM
    Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:17 PM

All replies

• hi Ted

you need to choose "new instance" instead of the installed instance otherwise the installation fails with "architecture mismatch".

Personally I think the package is incorrectly authored as it should be able to install SSDT BI only without this glitches.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Marked as answer by Ted Monday, March 11, 2013 6:22 AM
    Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:17 PM
  • hi Ted

That solution also works when you're trying to install SSDT with SQL Server 2014 CTP1.
    Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:16 PM
  • I stumbled up on this issue as well, when I choose new installation it worked. 

In my thoughts, I did not want to install SQL Server Again... so I quit installation and look for different architecture. I hope Microsoft Folks correct this misleading failure.

AbuTaareq

Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:55 PM
  • Is this problem solved yet ?
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:07 PM
  • It's not. Shame.
    Monday, December 02, 2013 6:25 PM
  • Still not fixed in latest (today 2013-12-18) downloaded version, SQL 2012 that is.

Merry Christmas! :)

JB

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:32 AM
  • It worked for me mate. Thanks
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:35 PM
  • The 5:th march, 365 days later. Still not fixed.
    Wednesday, March 05, 2014 5:25 PM