none
Matrix Header Labels (continuation)

Question

•  

I addressed this situation in another thread, but since the thread had not been updated for some time I felt a new thread may have been warranted to included uptodate information and requests for further updates.

I will refresh the topic's primary issue:

When using a matrix, a developer wanted to provide column headers atop the columns to help users distinquish between multiple columns of the same relative data type(columns of digits, etc.)

The space in the upper left corner of the matrix will create a void that cannot be broken down or divided so that a column header label can be applied. It's either one label for the whole void or nothing at all.

VOID Upper Group Column
    Sub Group Column
    Row Column 1 Row Column 2 Row Column 3 Row Column 4 Data

A poster suggested placing a rectangle inside the voided area above.

Rectangle Upper Group Column
    Sub Group Column

Then placing a series of textboxes within the rectangle area aligned to the width of the row columns

Rectangle Upper Group Column
    rectangle txtbox rectangle txtbox rectangle txtbox rectangle txtbox Sub Group Column

The problem is that when the report is run and rendered the rectangle txboxes are no longer aligned at the bottom. Even though the text within the textboxes is set to the bottom.

Instead the rendered version appears like this.

rectangle txtbox rectangle txtbox rectangle txtbox rectangle txtbox Upper Group Column
      Sub Group Column

Thus rather than having the labels inside the rectangle textboxes aligned at the bottom so that they appear more in-line with their assigned columns, they are automatically top-justified and this makes the labels look awkward.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the rectangle textboxes to be aligned adjacent to the tops of the row columns so that their labels appear in-line with their appropriate columns?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:46 PM

All replies