none
Editing expression in Matrix heading to cater for parameter

Question

• I created the below Matrix.

It shows the % of loads delivered on time by financial period. So when the report is run it looks as follows:

Currently this shows the %age for each financial period including the current one. The expression for [Fin Period] is

=Fields!Fin_Period.Value.

I wish to change this so that the Matrix shows load %ages for each financial period until the period less than the value in a parameter I have created. I suppose it should be something like

=Fields!Fin_Period.Value where =Fields!Fin_Period.Value < @PARAMETER.

Cheers

Paul

Friday, August 23, 2013 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Runnerpaul,

From your description, you want to show the period which value is bigger that the parameter's value, right? In this case, we can achieve it in two ways.

• Use the expression to control it's visibility.(Right-click the column>Column Visibility)
      =IIF(Fields!Fin_Period.Value < Parameters!ParameterName.Value,False,True)
    • Add the filter to column group.(Right Fin_Period group on the column group>Group properties>Filters tab)
      Expression:[Fin_Period]
      Operator   :<
      Value        :[@ParameterName]

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies

• Paul,

Could you please try creating a calculated fields? If this calcualtion with condition is one time for a report then you can define it within report variable where you can access the parameters.

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Hi Runnerpaul,

From your description, you want to show the period which value is bigger that the parameter's value, right? In this case, we can achieve it in two ways.

• Use the expression to control it's visibility.(Right-click the column>Column Visibility)
      =IIF(Fields!Fin_Period.Value < Parameters!ParameterName.Value,False,True)
    • Add the filter to column group.(Right Fin_Period group on the column group>Group properties>Filters tab)
      Expression:[Fin_Period]
      Operator   :<
      Value        :[@ParameterName]

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:26 PM