Sql Server 2008

Question

• Hi,
    Need help to write sql query.
    two tables:
    Table 1:

initiative (BG_PROJECT)
    corp release name (BG_USER_05)
    no of defects per initiative (need to calculate, we have only the defect id BG_BUG_ID)
    status (BG_STATUS)
    application (BG_USER_08)
    severity (BG_USER_62)
    clarity id (BG_USER_64)
    rfc (BG_USER_18)

Table 2:
    Release_name
    Release_date
    There are many releases every year. Each have there on release date. In each release, there are many projects. Each project has its own status, closing date and defects. Status like closed, new, etc. 
    So in one release group, we have many projects. In each project group, there are defects, status, application used, closing date of project, etc.
    I need to get those releases which are closed after the release date. So how can i write the sql query for that?
    Also, All my details are in one table except release date which is in another  table.  So when I write query for that how will I match the release
    date to the respective release?
    • Moved by Thomas Ivarsson Monday, January 14, 2013 8:54 AM It is a SQL related question
    Monday, January 14, 2013 4:25 AM

All replies

• Also, All my details are in one table except release date which is in another  table.  So when I write query for that how will I match the release 
    date to the respective release?

Do you have a foreign key relationship between these tables? How you relate RELEASE_DATE to a Particular PROJECT?

I need to get those releases which are closed after the release date. So how can i write the sql query for that? 

Do you have a Status_Update_Date column in your table? Otherwise how you will understand a Release that closed after release or before release date( is that a possibility at all?) 

Regards
    Satheesh

Monday, January 14, 2013 10:41 AM