none
Instance Uniunstall problem with "Uninst.isu" file

Question

• I am attempting to uninstall an instance of SQL Server 2000. When I run the SS2000 "change/uninstall" process in "Add/Remove Programs" (Control Panel), I get an error message stating that ...

"Unable to locate the installation log file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\....\Uninst.isu Uninstallation will not continue."

I have looked in the directory and the file is not there.How do I uninstall SS2000??

Friday, December 16, 2005 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am facing the same problem in fact I have manually removed all traces of sql server 2000 in program files.  It is still exisiting in add/remove programs.  How to remove it from there.

Thanks,

Bharath

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:23 PM
  • Even I am facing the same problem.

Can anyone help us., Please...

Saturday, September 15, 2007 5:47 AM
  • Your installation was corrupted somehow. Try copying the Uninst.isu from another server and paste it into your MSSQL directory. -Cal

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:55 PM
  • The problem is it doesn't exist anywhere.  I've got three instances of the 2000 and 2008 running.  None of them have the .isu.  I just installed 2008 and guess what...no uninst.isu.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 3:52 PM
  • Can you try manual uninstallation, check the KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290991
    Vidhya Sagar. Mark as Answer if it helps!
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:25 AM
  • Hi Guys,

I'd the same issue. I just tried to copy the missing .isu file from the folder(where I copied theinstallation CD) then i retried and worked for me. It was successful.

Note : I uninstalled twice once from setup.exe, installation wizard 'remove existing installation' and second time control panel 'add and remove programs'.

I'd to copy the files each time before i uninstall.

Good luck Guys !!!

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:09 AM