none
Error in loading package with a custom task

Question

• I created a custom control flow task that compiles a list of strings, but when attempting to use the "Execute Package" task to execute the package with this custom task, I get the following error:

Error     
    21           Error loading
    PSLoadDynamic.dtsx: Failed to load task "Population Segmentation SQL
    StringBuilder", type "Sentara.BI.PopulationSegmentation.TypeCodes.Comp.Component,
    Sentara.BI.PopulationSegmentation.TypeCodes, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=54de476b9151558f". The contact information for this task is
    "Business Intelligence Team". 
           C:\TFS\Enterprise Data Warehouse\Warehouse
    ETL\PopulationSegmentor\PopulationSegmentor\PSLoadDynamic.dtsx               

I can't seem to get any more descriptive errors - Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Don

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:44 PM

Answers

• I double checked everything, and I noticed that there was a bad namespace on the task class itself. I corrected it and it fixed the discreptancy.

Thanks,

Don

• Marked as answer by ddrake87 Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:30 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:29 PM

All replies

• One of the runtime methods fail. You need then to add some sort of logging to pinpoint the spot. In my case the name of the routine would always be returned, why/how these two 1s come up?

I think you did some improper events wiring. Perhaps you followed a bad example.

Arthur My Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:49 PM
  • I double checked everything, and I noticed that there was a bad namespace on the task class itself. I corrected it and it fixed the discreptancy.

Thanks,

Don

• Marked as answer by ddrake87 Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:30 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:29 PM