I am assuming that this is an entity where you enabled code generation by modifying the entity properties. Because of this new feature, we do not support using business rules to auto-generate codes with Sql Server MDS 2012. To reset the code generation counter
try doing this:
1. Go into System Administration
2. Open the Manage menu and select Entities
3. Select the entity in question and click the pencil icon to edit it
4. Turn off "Create code values automatically" and click the Save icon
5. Turn on "Create code values automatically" and click the Save icon again.
This should reset the auto code generation counter and the next code generated will be one larger than the largest code value. Bear in mind that if your entity already has a large number of members it might take some time to reset the counter. Let me know
if this works for you.
Arunjeet Singh (Microsoft SQL Server Master Data Services)
Proposed as answer byHenry OngTuesday, May 01, 2012 11:34 PM
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.