none
SSRS 2008-R2: Layout on iPad

Question

• Dear community,

I am running crazy with my report. It is very complex and has 3 charts and 7 tables. In IE it works without any problems, but when I try it on my iPad it totally mixed up and the tables start on different place and aren't left aligned. It's one major requirement that it works on iPad. I have committed it because of this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156511.aspx and some small tests.

My worst case solution is to render it as pdf, but then I lose the toggle visibility which is a key feature of the report.

Here is a screenshot from the report on IE:

The same record with Safari:

The layout is even more mixed up when the tables are larger.

I haven't the opportunity to use an app because the reports are called from a website. (already found a lot of these answer while googling the problem.)

Does anybody know a solution for this? I have also read that Microsoft will bring the reporting services to each browser Q2 / 2012. (Source: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsofts-plan-for-bringing-its-bi-tools-to-ios-android-and-windows-8-devices/11005)

Could it be fixed with a patch or hotfix?

I have also analyzed the source of the page and tried to change "cm" to "pt", but without any change.

Thanks + Regards!

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi MH,

That TechNet page doesnt mention the iPad.  I suggest you render to PDF. 

Good luck!
    Mike

Friday, August 03, 2012 11:25 AM
  • Hi MH_2106,

Thanks for your posting.

Based on the scenario, the issue may occur if the Safari browser installed on the Ipad doesn't fully support the HTML 4.0 and script code returned by the report server.

According to the article Rendering to HTML, I suggest that you make sure the version of the Safari browser is Safari 3.0 or later. Additionally, you can also try a browser that uses different browser kernel.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

Mike Yin

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 06, 2012 9:08 AM