none
SQL Server question

Question

• Hi,

We have SQL Server 2008R2 in a active-passive cluster environment.
    I am planning to move all our system databases in our clustered environment to a new drive within the same server. Did anybody had any issues while moving all the system databases?
    Could somebody send me a article I can refer to for moving the system databases.

Thanks.

sqldev

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Here is the link for moving the system databases and it contains information that you need to be aware of http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345408(v=sql.105).aspx

• Proposed as answer by SQL_Jay Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Iric WenModerator Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:54 PM
  • Hi,

We have SQL Server 2008R2 in a active-passive cluster environment.
    I am planning to move all our system databases in our clustered environment to a new drive within the same server. Did anybody had any issues while moving all the system databases?
    Could somebody send me a article I can refer to for moving the system databases.

Thanks.

sqldev

You could use the link Kevin provided, couple of weeks ago one problem I had, when moving model database files, its mdf file  got corrupted. So sql server failed to start.  But you could follow Failure Recovery procedure. Start SQL Server in master only recovery mode. I used the old mdf file(i still had left it in original location) and started sql server again.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:39 AM