none
Login failed for NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON

Question

• hi
    When a user tries to access the report it shows the following error.

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot create a connection to data source 'Wss_Contents'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
        • Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Monday, December 01, 2008 12:33 PM

Answers

• This is because the Datasource credentials aren't authenticated on the datasource.

The error message shows the datasource is configured to use: Windows Integrated Security ( the Reporting Services' login account will try to reach the datasource)

Try this:

If datasource is SQL Server

1. Create a login account in SQL Server.
    2. Choose "Credentials stored securely in the report server" in the datasource properties and enter the username and password of the SQL Server account.

If datasource is Analysis Services:

1. Choose "Credentials stored securely in the report server" in the datasource properties and enter the username and password of a domain or machine account that has access to the Analysis Services database.
    2. Also check "Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source" box.
    Monday, December 01, 2008 1:26 PM

All replies

• This is because the Datasource credentials aren't authenticated on the datasource.

The error message shows the datasource is configured to use: Windows Integrated Security ( the Reporting Services' login account will try to reach the datasource)

Try this:

If datasource is SQL Server

1. Create a login account in SQL Server.
    2. Choose "Credentials stored securely in the report server" in the datasource properties and enter the username and password of the SQL Server account.

If datasource is Analysis Services:

1. Choose "Credentials stored securely in the report server" in the datasource properties and enter the username and password of a domain or machine account that has access to the Analysis Services database.
    2. Also check "Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source" box.
    Monday, December 01, 2008 1:26 PM
  • Hi Temha,
    thanks for the reply.
    I got it solved using the "credentials stored securely in the replort server". i have created a login in the report server database and it worked..
    thanks i Temha,
    thanks for the reply.
    I got it solved using the "credentials stored securely in the replort server. i have created a login in the report erver database and it worked..
    thanks
    Wednesday, December 03, 2008 3:24 AM