none
Is it possible to retrieve data from SSAS Dataset (Dataset1) and SQL dataset (Dataset2) to Same Table (Data Region)?

Question

• HI every Body,

i am getting some columns from SSAS Cube (Datset1) and some columns (Dataset2) from SQL. I want to use both two datasets in single data-region (Table/Matrix). i am using SQL server 2008 R2.

please help on this.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:14 PM

Answers

• Then how will you overlay data from dataset 2 with dataset 1. A tabular layout implies that items on the same row are related somehow (usually by the row label). Items in the same column are related (usually by the column label). If not relationship then why not put them in separate tables and set the two side by side. You can hide the left border of the right-hand table so you don't get the extra heavy line where the two tables touch if you like.

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:40 PM

All replies

• are there any relationship between these two datasets?

guess lookup or lookupset could help.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Hi o'Lala,

There is no relationship between these.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:11 PM
  • Then how will you overlay data from dataset 2 with dataset 1. A tabular layout implies that items on the same row are related somehow (usually by the row label). Items in the same column are related (usually by the column label). If not relationship then why not put them in separate tables and set the two side by side. You can hide the left border of the right-hand table so you don't get the extra heavy line where the two tables touch if you like.

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:40 PM