none
How to create dynamic report using SSRS

Question

• Hello Everyone ,

I have .aspx page where there are different textbox(Report Filter Criteria) like

1)Transaction ID (TextBox)

2)From Date(Text Box)

3)To Date(Text Box)

4)Show Report (button)

Its depend on user can directly click to Show report button or user can put data in any of text box and then click on show report button.according to which transactions will be displayed in report.

I want to create this type of report in SSRS and UI will be .aspx page.

as i am new to SSRS can you tell me the process i have to follow or provide any link where such type of scenario is handled.

Kindly note report is generated in SSRS and ui will be .aspx page

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can use the ReportViewer control for that.  Parameter values are passed into the report through the SetParameters function on the ServerReport object.  Have a look here for more info and a sample: Using the WebForms ReportViewer Control

MCITP SQL Server 2008 (BI & DEV); MCTS SQL Server 2008 (BI, DEV & DBA)
    Check out my articles at BI: Beer Intelligence?

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:28 AM
  • Hi,

I am giving step by step to create a report with one parameter

1. Open a new Report Server Project
    2. In the Solution Explorer right click the project and add a new report/item (and select Report1.rdl)
    3. In the left side Report Pane, u have to Create Data source first and Data Set
    4. While creating the Data Set for example : Select * from TN where colName = @par
    5. After creating the DataSet check in the Parameter folder there will be a Parameter Created automatically
    6. U execute the report in BIDS and verify the results everything is working fine then add this report in .Net code

If you show the report by default it will works as in the BIDS.

Mark it as Answer if it is helpful for you.

Sridhar

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:04 PM