none
Operating system error 995

Question

• Hi,

I just upgraded my Arcserve backup software on my SQL server

OS=Server 2003r2 32 bit   + SQL 2005

Now my nightly backup jobs are plastered with "insuffiencet resource" warnings and none of the SQL databases get backed up

In the SQL.LOG  there are many " OS ERROR 995"   So it appears that  the new Arcserve version brings alot more overhaed with it than the older version we were runnig.

I have 8gb ram   but only a 32 bit OS     I am thinling of upgrading the the same 64 bit version     I am not sure if this etials a complete reinstall or if ther is an upgrade path...and am not aware of how this would affect the SQL 2005 that runs ontop of the OS

any thughts    ??

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Since the issue appeared after you upgraded Arcserve, try to post on the following CA forum:

https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-recovery-management-storage-global-user-community/welcome   

Maybe you just need a fix from CA.

Calling Arcserver support makes sense in this case also.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:29 PM
  • I have been working on this problem with the Arcserve folks  who say this is a SQL server OS error  clearly posted in the SQL.log...

.I  postd here   to see if anyone else has successfully solved how to get rid of SQL server 995 errors so that is the essences of my posted question...would implementing a564bit OS version ans more physicla ram clear this up???   

expressed this way ..really isolates this aa a Microsoft question and not an Arcserve question

hope this clears up the confusion

Friday, August 26, 2011 12:42 PM