none
Sample Technical Documents In SSIS?

Question

• Hi All,

How to prepare technical documents in ssis? Any one one can provide sample technical documents i will refer it.

Thanks In Advance

CMK...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:50 PM

Answers

• i think u r talking about the document we prepare before we actually start the coding. this document shows the steps u r going to perform. u may have to change the technical document depending on your requirement as it changes every time. for me i worked on previous project and i had to change tech doc 3 times. you need following things in ur document.

project description, functional objective, assumptions and pre-requisites, database design, sql schemas(new or old), sql tables(new or old), field definations and data mapping, sql views, sql stored proc with flow chart, (SSIS packages -new or modified, package objective, called by, description of changes if u r modifying the package, package flowchart),  file layouts, input file locations, output file locations etc...

u also have to put the time estimate on which u r going to work on.

hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by cmk1 Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:50 PM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:28 PM

All replies

• first of all, tell us what you mean by technical documents? is it documents contains schema of control flow, data flows , and scripts of package? if yes, you have them all in ssis package,
    http://www.rad.pasfu.com
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:54 PM
  • i think u r talking about the document we prepare before we actually start the coding. this document shows the steps u r going to perform. u may have to change the technical document depending on your requirement as it changes every time. for me i worked on previous project and i had to change tech doc 3 times. you need following things in ur document.

project description, functional objective, assumptions and pre-requisites, database design, sql schemas(new or old), sql tables(new or old), field definations and data mapping, sql views, sql stored proc with flow chart, (SSIS packages -new or modified, package objective, called by, description of changes if u r modifying the package, package flowchart),  file layouts, input file locations, output file locations etc...

u also have to put the time estimate on which u r going to work on.

hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by cmk1 Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:50 PM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:28 PM
  • Thank you...
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:50 PM
  • Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:14 PM