none
How to handle Expected and Actual dates based calculations in DAX ?

Question

• Hi,

We are having a machine provisioning system and we are having two columns in that. Requested Provisioning Date & Actual Provisioning Date. We need to track performance with respect to Requested Provisioning month.

1. Irrespective of requested Provisioning date, whatever machine provisioned on a particular month is considered as "Provisioned".

2. If actual machine provisioning month > requested provisioning month, then "Backlog"

Whenever I apply filter on "RequestedDate Of Provisioning" only the requests for that month are considered. But, I want to consider all requests actually provisioned on that month(ActualProvisioningDate).

I tried creating one additional table called "ActualProvisioningDate" , but it is not helping.

Please throw some light on accomplishing the above scenario in DAX.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

Venkataraman R

Monday, March 12, 2012 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Javier,

Yes. I was able to acheive this. What I did is, I ignored the RequestedDeliveryDate filter by applying ALL(ProvisionTable), and applied separate filter on ActualDeliveryDate as DATESBETWEEN(ActualDeliveryDate,STARTOFMONTH(FiscalDate[Date]),ENDOFMONTH(FiscalDate[Date])). Here FiscalDate is the DateTable which is having relationship with RequestedDeliveryDate.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat

Venkataraman R

• Marked as answer by Venkataraman R Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:11 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Venkataraman

You can usually achieve this kind of result by manipulating the context of the calculation, in this case the ActualProvisioningDate.   Can you post a sample of your data so it would be easier to understand what you are trying to do?

Javier Guillen
    http://javierguillen.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:30 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Javier,

Yes. I was able to acheive this. What I did is, I ignored the RequestedDeliveryDate filter by applying ALL(ProvisionTable), and applied separate filter on ActualDeliveryDate as DATESBETWEEN(ActualDeliveryDate,STARTOFMONTH(FiscalDate[Date]),ENDOFMONTH(FiscalDate[Date])). Here FiscalDate is the DateTable which is having relationship with RequestedDeliveryDate.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat

Venkataraman R

• Marked as answer by Venkataraman R Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:11 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:11 AM