none
SQL Server Job no start automatically

Question

• hello,

i have a problem with single job of 30 jobs deployed on the same SQL instance, which is that job not start as scheduled , this job run monthly

i have checked if it enable and checked error log for any troubles but nothing is there to indicate if there is any problem ..any advise please

thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• some time ago, i have also faced the same issue but not sure what is the issue exatly. I just restarted SQL Agent Services and its worked for me..

Check the same in your case if it works ;)

Thanks, Satish Kumar. Please mark as this post as answered if my anser helps you to resolves your issue :)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:42 PM
  • If you look at "Job Activity Monitor" what does the column "Next Run" say?
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:49 PM
  • It's related to replication but talks of the similar issue :- http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlserverfaq/archive/2012/03/15/inf-limitations-for-sql-agent-when-you-have-many-jobs-running-in-sql-simultaneously.aspx

Kind regards| Harsh Chawla | Personal Blog:- SQL-blogs
    |Team Blog:- Team Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

You can check the SQL Server agent logs and see if you find any errors there . Check for any errors mentioning "SUBSYSTEM" .

From your problem description it seems that you have a total of 30 SQL Server jobs scheduled to be run. Is that right?

Regards,

Jerrin K

Regards, JK

Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:30 AM
  • Sounds silly, but you have enabled the job AND the schedule?

If you find this helpful, please mark the post as helpful,
    If you think this solves the problem, please propose or mark it an an answer.

Please provide details on your SQL Server environment such as version and edition, also DDL statements for tables when posting T-SQL issues

Richard Douglas
    My Blog: Http://SQL.RichardDouglas.co.uk
    Twitter: @SQLRich

Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:45 PM
  • Review your sql server agent log to see if any error is logged, as mentioned before it could be something related to replication subsystems and you will need to modify your Registry keys, I remember that but can't find the link.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:52 PM