none
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'sqlceme35.dll'

Question

• I developed a simple desktop application on my 32 bit window7 systm using VS 2008. I used the local database on VS 2008. The app runs correctly on my system but when i installed it on my friends 32 bit syst the following runtime exception was thrown;

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'sqlceme35.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I have read the blogs from ErikEJand others but it didnt help yet. please what can i do. I am new to programming

Please am waiting earnestly for your help

OSAE
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• developed a simple desktop application on my 32 bit window7 systm using VS 2008. I used the local database on VS 2008. The app runs correctly on my system but when i installed it on my friends 32 bit syst the following runtime exception was thrown;

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'sqlceme35.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I have read the blogs from ErikEJand others but it didnt help yet. please what can i do. I am new to programming

Please am waiting earnestly for your help

OSAE
    OSAE
    • Proposed as answer by ujak Friday, December 07, 2012 4:55 PM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:02 PM
  •  

Hi ooluwadeyi,

I am afraid this is a duplicate thread. See the answers in your another thread

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlce/thread/07f20469-a6b1-4116-bf76-577685707cc6

Then if there are any progress, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, January 14, 2011 5:41 AM
  • Running applications on windows7 OS has some issues with the dll’s compatability. Please run the below command in Visual Studio Command Prompt for this issue to simulate the application as 32 bit.

Example  coommand:

CorFlags.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\myproject\application\Application.exe" /32BIT+

my project: refers location of the project folder

application : refers to the application you want to run

Hope this helps !

Friday, December 07, 2012 4:55 PM