none
SSRS 2005 100% stacked column chart - series color is changing from one page to another

Question

• Hello,

I have a 100% stacked column chart that shows go/no go proportion for a value. The x axis is date.

The report has multiple pages - one for each branch. So when I flip the page, the chart for that branch shows up.

The problem is that on the first page, Go has red color and NoGo has blue. One the second page, it is opposite. How is this happening?

Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:15 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure if this was an issue in 2005 that has been corrected in a newer version.  I've tested it using 2008 R2 and can't reproduce the same behavior.  As a work-around, you can explictly set the Series Value Fill property using an expression.  My example uses the AdventureWorks2008 database.  The stcked column chart Series is grouped on the Category field.  The following expression is used on the Fill property to set the color based on a set of anticipated values:

=SWITCH(Fields!Category.Value="Clothing", "Red", Fields!Category.Value="Bikes", "Green", Fields!Category.Value="Accessories", "Blue", Fields!Category.Value="Components", "Orange")

Please let me know if this works for you or if you have questions.

If you can reproduce the behavior in  a report based on one of the sample databases, I'll be happy to test your report upgraded the RDL to the new product version.

Paul Turley, MVP, www.SQLServerBIBlog.com *Please vote if helpful*
    • Proposed as answer by Eileen Zhao Monday, May 02, 2011 9:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Friday, May 06, 2011 1:35 AM
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:43 AM