none
ssrs Pareto chart

Question

• Hi I would like to create a Pareo chart with data as follows.

Counts  -  Category

1  -   File

23 -  Model

34 -  Base

54 - Long

99 - Error

13 - Paid

56 - Non Paid

etc.

when i click on Inset in ssrs i don't see any option as Pareto chart.Could some one  please advice me, how do i start going about it. Appreciate your help..

Monday, May 06, 2013 9:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I hope you mean pareto chart

What you need is a combination chart. In your case you need a column and line series

Currently your dataset has two fields : Counts & Category. (Dataset name : lets say (DS1)

Here are the steps :

1. Drag a chart into the designer. In chart type select Column (first one).

2. In values add a series that is bound to "Fields!Counts.Value". You can just drag from the dataset window to values section in chart.

3. In Categroy Group section add the "Fields!Category.value".

4. In the Values section of chart, click the add ("+") to add a new series. Click expression . In expression window use this expression :

=RunningValue(Fields!Counts.Value,Sum,"DS1")

5. Above action will add another series. In drop down of the new series click "Change Chart types" and select line type.

6. Change labels and other properties as required.

Hope this helps..

- Girija

Monday, May 06, 2013 9:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I hope you mean pareto chart

What you need is a combination chart. In your case you need a column and line series

Currently your dataset has two fields : Counts & Category. (Dataset name : lets say (DS1)

Here are the steps :

1. Drag a chart into the designer. In chart type select Column (first one).

2. In values add a series that is bound to "Fields!Counts.Value". You can just drag from the dataset window to values section in chart.

3. In Categroy Group section add the "Fields!Category.value".

4. In the Values section of chart, click the add ("+") to add a new series. Click expression . In expression window use this expression :

=RunningValue(Fields!Counts.Value,Sum,"DS1")

5. Above action will add another series. In drop down of the new series click "Change Chart types" and select line type.

6. Change labels and other properties as required.

Hope this helps..

- Girija

Monday, May 06, 2013 9:37 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response. I also need to show it in terms of % to the line .How much % it is using,as the line keep moving up and down.Once again thanks for the help.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 2:15 PM
  • Do you know the answer to showing in terms of cumulative %?
    Friday, October 11, 2013 9:28 AM