none
SSRS Report Barcode is not scanning with a Scanner

Question

• Hi All,

I created an SSRS report which has a Barcode field  . The font which i used for the barcode is "Code 3 de 9" . When i tried to scan the Barcode after printing , its is not getting scanned . Where in the same barcode is working fine when i tried in a Microsoft word document .

Please any body has any input   will be appreciated

Thanks

SS

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi CRM_Learner,

If I understand correctly,, the Barcode in a report printed from ReportViewer or HTML Viewer is unscannable, however, the Barcode is scannable after exporting the same report to Word format.

The issue may occur due to the mismatch between the Resolution Ratio and the Aspect ratio. For example, on the current computer the aspect ratio was 4:3 (HORZSIZE: 320,VERTSIZE: 240), while the resolution ratio was  8:5 (HORZRES: 1920,VERTRES: 1200). In this condition, the font gets squeezed causing it be be unreadble. To resolve the issue, we can log on to a server with a resolution ration 4:3 (1024x768) the print the Barcode again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Mike Yin

TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 19, 2012 1:37 PM
  • Thanks Mike for the reply. Actually the issue which i faced is resolved . This is due to the font size. I have given a smaller font Size  in the SSRS report

Thanks

SS

Friday, October 19, 2012 1:39 PM
  • The problem most likely is because you are not following the standards to print the mentioned barcode. Double check the resolution and ratios

after that there shouldn't be any problem at all.

Regards,

Fanor

Friday, October 19, 2012 10:14 PM
  • Hi CRM_Learner,

I am glad to hear that you have got the issue resolved by yourself. Thanks for the helpful sharing.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

Mike Yin

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 22, 2012 1:12 AM