none
Can't Access or Browse Shared DataSource in Report Builder 3.0

Question

• Dear All,

I have a problem that i can't Browse Shared DataSource in Report Builder 3.0

I create Sharepoint Document Library and i add shared DataSource and Report Model and when i open Report Builder to access that Shared DataSource i can't

It got Error message "Unable to connect to the server make sure that you have a permission"

how can i solve this problem or how to add permission to access Shared DataSource

Thanks

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Yasser,

First, make sure your report server version is SSRS 2008 R2 because Report Builder 3.0 is only supported by SQL Server 2008 R2.

The error message may occur if the target report server URL is not correct when using Report Builder 3.0 to connect to the report server. The report server URL should be the SharePoint site that hosts the target Document Library, for example, http://<Server Name>/sites/sub-site.
    Make sure the report server is running in SharePoint integrated mode. To do this, open the Reporting Services Configuration Manager, and check the Report Server Mode option on the Database tab. 

Make sure the current user has sufficient permissions on the target Document Library. For the detailed steps, please see:
    Access and Permissions (Reporting Services in SharePoint Integrated Mode)

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:05 AM