none
The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

Question

• I get the following error when trying to create a linked server to a MySQL DB.

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

------------------------------

The linked server has been created but failed a connection test. Do you want to keep the linked server?

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "ASHFORD".

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "XXXXXXX" returned message "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.50.1600&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=7303&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

&Yes

&No

My server is a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise 64bit with SQL 2008 R2 Enterprise 64bit.

The MySQL ODBC driver that I'm trying is the 64bit version which I installed using the mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8-winx64.msi installer. I also tried using mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.28-winx64.msi installer.

I got the same error with both drivers.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:36 PM

Answers