none
SSIS Integration with SAP BI : Error at SAP BW Source when package is run

General discussion

• Hi,

I have SQL Server 2008 R2, and Microsoft connector 1.1 installed on my machine. I have librfc32.dll in System32 folder and SysWOW

I am using SSIS to load data from "SAP BW Source" to SQL Target table. On SAP BW Source  - Test connection says OK, I can see metadata also(column Names coming in from Open hub)

While i execute SSIS package, i get the following 3 errors :

[SAP BW Source] Error: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SapBw.Connectivity.ERPException: The current application triggered a termination with a short dump.
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SapBw.Connectivity.RFCFunction.Execute()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SapBw.Components.OHSExtractor.ExtractNow(Boolean InRuntimeMode, String GatewayHost, String GatewayService, String ProgramID, String ProcessChain, String DestinationName, String ExecutionMode, String PropertyRequestID, Int32 Timeout)

[SAP BW Source [122]] Error: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SapBw.Connectivity.ERPException: The current application triggered a termination with a short dump.
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SapBw.Components.OHSExtractor.ExtractNow(Boolean InRuntimeMode, String GatewayHost, String GatewayService, String ProgramID, String ProcessChain, String DestinationName, String ExecutionMode, String PropertyRequestID, Int32 Timeout)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SapBw.Components.SapBwSourceOHS.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer100[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on component "SAP BW Source" (122) returned error code 0x80131500.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

If anybody has solution for this issue , Please help!

- Kusuma M

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:15 AM

All replies

• Are you running this on an Enterprise or Developer edition of SQL Server 2008 R2?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

I am running Enterprise Edition (64 bit).

Here is the detail:

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP1) - 10.50.2772.0 (X64)   Aug  9 2011 15:12:53   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

Kusuma M HP BAS

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:56 AM
  • Hi Wharton,

We are using  SQLServer 2008R2 SP1 Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) , my self and Kusuma M, both are working on the same project. Kindly help us.

Thanks..Basutkar

• Edited by Basutkar_Rao Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:02 AM .
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:00 AM
  • Have you made any progress on this issue?  We are also seeing this issue occasionally.  It is not an everyday occurrence and we've been running these extractions for quite a long time with the occasional issue.

There seem to be 3 flavors, the one I'm researching right now was an extraction where no data was sent.  Our timeout on the OpenHub step is 30 minutes but we get the following errors:

System.Exception: No data was received.     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SapBw.Components.SapBwSourceOHS.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer100[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on component "ZCO_OH52" (1) returned error code 0x80131500.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure. 

We are running SQLServer 2008R2 SP2

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:04 PM