none
Is it possible to change the owning schema when generating datetime dimensions in the datasource?

Question

• When creating a date time dimension using the dimension wizard and generate schema wizard, i would like to be able to change the owning schema from dbo to something else. The field is greyed out and I am unable to change it.

Is it possible to change the owning schema when generating datetime dimensions in the datasource?

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:19 PM

All replies

• Hi rkbjr,

Thank you for your question.  

I am currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

Thanks,
    Bin Long

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are
    TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:36 AM
  • Hello rkbjr,

Please refer to the related thread about this topic:
    Set Schema: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlanalysisservices/thread/87b6f1ac-626d-4bf7-bf8e-6ec26827980f/

Regards,
    Bin Long

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:39 AM
  • Hi Bin Long,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

I'm not sure how the link you provided has anything to do with my question. Currently when you use the wizards to generate a time dimension in the data source (not in the cube) its schema is defaulted to dbo. There seems to be a field (its greyed out) to allow you to change the owning schema of the table to a different schema before the table is created in the underlying database. There are even MSDN articles that explain how to change the schema but for me its greyed out.

MSDN article (See Specify Owning Schema):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174954.aspx

Although it would be interesting to still know if this is possible, I have since created my table manually under the desired schema, and populated it with a script, rather than using the wizards in Analysis Services to do it for me.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:59 PM