none
The AcquireConnection method call failed with error code 0xC0202009.

Question

• I have a SQL Server Agent job with a step to execute an SSIS package.  The package has as one of it's connection managers the Connection Manager For Excel Files.  When I run the job it fails every time.  I have implemented logging and in the OnError event it states "The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "LOBMappingExcel" failed with error code 0xC0202009". 

Note that if I execute this package via dtexecui or dtexec it runs successfully.  Only when I have the SQL server Agent Job run the package does this occur.  What am I missing?
    Thursday, August 11, 2005 5:06 PM

All replies

• What account does the SQL Agent job run under? Does that account have permissions to the file location where the excel file is?

-Euan
    Wednesday, August 17, 2005 5:21 PM
  • Hello Euan,

The account that SQL Agent is running under is a domain account and a member of the sysadmin role.  I made sure this account has access to the spreadsheet in question by Terminal Servicing to the box - using these credentials - where the spreadsheet resides and opening it.  This was successful. 

I also ran dtexec from the command line using the "run as" feature using these credentials and the package executed fine. 

It only fails with the "AcquireConnection method" error when I schedule the SSIS package to run via a SQL Agent job.

Thanks.

-Steve 
    Wednesday, August 17, 2005 6:06 PM
  • Very weird, can you try posting in the Integration Services group to see if they have seen it?
    Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:10 AM