none
"An Error was encountered in the Transport layer", and other connection issues

General discussion

• Hi,

This is my first time trying to grant access to one of my users to view a specific analysis cube via PowerPivot in Excel.

We are working with Excel 2010, I've created a local user on the server itself and add it to analysis from the SQL management studio.

I've created a role for this user and set a read permission only for a specific cube.

I've open Excel on my local computer > selected Data > From Other Source > From Analysis Services

Entered the server address and login details. Then I had 3 problems:

1. It shows me ALL the cubes and all databases that are available on the analysis server, WHY DOES IT HAVE A PERMISSION TO SELECT THEM?

2. After choosing the cube that I want I got this error: "An Error was encountered in the Transport layer", but when I clicked OK I got a "Multidimentional Connection 11.0" window that asked me for my login details again, and after I entered them it gave me access. HOW CAN I AVOIDE THIS ERROR?

3. After connecting to the cube and starting the work process, WHAT IS MY INDICATOR FOR KNOWING ON WHICH CUBE I'M WORKING ON?

Thank you so much!

Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:11 PM

All replies