none
How to Remove <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> on Report

Question

• Hi there,

I am using SSRS 2008 for reports, In my report I am showing text that is coming from Word document along with some formatting like bold italic etc, but along with the Text one extra line is also coming. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Is there any way that i can avoid this line in my report. this line should not come with contents of report.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Shaikh,

I would suggest you copying the text from Word to Notepad before pastering in a report.
    Or, if you have reports that has the extra line, please follow these steps to remove them:
     1. In Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS), right-click each report from "Solution Explore" panel.
     2. Then click "View code"
     3. Now, press "CTRL" + "H"(combinated key), replace the extra line with null.

If you have more questions regarding SQL Server Reporting Services, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Jin Chen

Jin Chen - MSFT
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:10 AM
  • Hi Jin Chen,

Thanks for ur reply, but I am First Copying the word document data(Rich text) in Rich Text box on page and saving it.then i am retrieving the data from DB on my Report. hence its not possible to copy it to Notepad.

Let me know, if there is any possible solution other than making the last line NUll, since I can not predict whether user will enter data in RTB using word or he/she will type in.

Thanks

Sadaf

Sunday, July 04, 2010 11:15 AM
  • Hi Shaikh

I added a replace to the sql request:

replace(<fieldname>,'<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />','') as <fieldname>

It worked great

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 2:14 PM