none
Sql Maitenance Job Error

Question

• Hi All,

Whenever I am trying to create maintenace job I am seeing below error:

Server Management Studio
    ------------------------------

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (mscorlib)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E80FE1DB-D1AA-4D6B-BA7E-040D424A925C} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: c001f011. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS)

Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E80FE1DB-D1AA-4D6B-BA7E-040D424A925C} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: c001f011. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS)

NOTE:

Whenever I am trying to view any exsisting Maintenance job I am seeing below errors.

===================================

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: component (System.Design)

Thanks, Nani.

Friday, June 08, 2012 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Nani_sql,

>> Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E80FE1DB-D1AA-4D6B-BA7E-040D424A925C} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: c001f011. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS)

Regarding to the error message, seems related to the COM component creation failed. Its possible that the component on creation tries to communicate with that process which is terminating. Failure in this may have caused the above error. 
    For this issue, you can try to register COM in dts.dll location, and run the following from the command line: REGSVR32.EXE dts.dll.

For more information, please refer to the replies and workaround from here.

Meanwhile I'd suggest checking for an inner exception. Please use the InnerException to gets the Exception instance that caused the current exception. An instance of Exception that describes the error that caused the current exception.

Regards, Amber zhang

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:14 AM

All replies

• Please tell us what version of SQL Server are you using? SELECT @@VERSION.

Best Regards, Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP http://dimantdatabasesolutions.blogspot.com/ http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

Monday, June 11, 2012 5:17 AM
  • Hi Nani_sql,

>> Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E80FE1DB-D1AA-4D6B-BA7E-040D424A925C} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: c001f011. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS)

Regarding to the error message, seems related to the COM component creation failed. Its possible that the component on creation tries to communicate with that process which is terminating. Failure in this may have caused the above error. 
    For this issue, you can try to register COM in dts.dll location, and run the following from the command line: REGSVR32.EXE dts.dll.

For more information, please refer to the replies and workaround from here.

Meanwhile I'd suggest checking for an inner exception. Please use the InnerException to gets the Exception instance that caused the current exception. An instance of Exception that describes the error that caused the current exception.

Regards, Amber zhang

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:14 AM
  • Hi Nani_sql

below is the solution for this error

RESOLUTION

It turns out that the unregistered COM in dts.dll located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\binn. I ran the following from the command line:

REGSVR32.EXE dts.dll

in the aforementioned directory.

you will have the complete reference from this below url

http://geekswithblogs.net/NutAndBolts/archive/2008/06/06/sql_server_2005_event_id_208.aspx

Jai Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:40 AM